10 point Safety Check (Launching Sky Lanterns)
10 point Safety Check before Launching Sky Lanterns
- Ensure that the wind is very light - 7 miles per hour or below is suitable for launching Sky Lanterns of all sizes.
- Only launch Sky Lanterns in a large clear space away from trees, powerlines and buildings. Do not use Sky Lanterns within 5 miles of an airport.
- If there is a slight breeze, ensure that when launched, your sky lanterns do not fly towards buildings, trees, airports, roads or any area they may pose a danger.
- Ensure that all spectators stand upwind of the people launching the Sky Lanterns.
- It is advisable to have a bucket of water or some sand close by in case of emergency.
- Sky Lanterns are not a toy. Sky Lanterns should only be launched by a responsible Adult.
- Do not use during prolonged periods of dry weather.
- Do not launch torn or damaged Sky Lanterns.
- Do not Launch Sky Lanterns if the glow could be misinterpreted as a distress signal.
- Read all safety instructions carefully before launching Sky Lanterns.